We have a dedicated Service and Operations Team focused on handling all paperwork and general account servicing so our Advisory Team can focus on their efforts of converting prospects to clients and implementing their financial plan and goals. The primary goal of the Service and Operations Team is to help exceed client service expectations. The Operations Coordinator role includes management and delegation of all corporate and client communications, account openings and transfers, general account servicing, keeping files and contact records up to date for compliance purposes.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and working as a key member of the team, the Operations Coordinator will assist in designing/enhancing, implementing, reporting, and overseeing the firm’s systems, processes, workflows, and procedures including, but not limited to, the firm’s day-to-day back office financial, information, customer service, compliance, operations intern training, and client reporting.
Operations Coordinators require mature customer relationship skills to handle non-advisor questions and concerns related to general investment account management. Excellent communication and critical thinking abilities are essential. While the position does not require advisory knowledge, it does require a basic understanding of technical financial planning and investment management processes and procedures. Strong attention to detail is required. The position does not attend advisory meeting but works closely with the Client Service Manager(s) to obtain the details necessary to delegate tasks to ensure accurate and timely handling of most non-advisor follow up and back-office paperwork processing.
In addition, the Operations Coordinator will play a crucial role in making certain the firm is meeting its financial and service commitments to its clients in a manner that is efficient, timely, economical, and compliant with all applicable rules and policies. This role is also encouraged to play a part in shaping and guiding the future growth and continual development of the organization.
Typical duties include:
- Oversight of operations team members to ensure accuracy and completion of work in a timely manner
- Assist Service Team and Advisory Team with all non-advisory questions and paperwork for account management such as processing all service forms and applications
- Review operating practices and procedures with the Operations Manager to determine possible improvements in areas such as workflows, reporting procedures, expenditures, and/or compliance
- Maintain strong carrier relationships with account custodians and insurance companies
- 1+ years’ experience working in a financial services office
- Basic understanding of many aspects of financial services and operations
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or 5+ years of professional experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office and other CRM software preferred
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately, and thrive under pressure and adapt to a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Previous experience in processing important, detailed paperwork
- Ability to commute to and be in the office
The position and duties are subject to change based on firm needs and your desire for development. Our company culture is committed to continuous personal and professional development of our team members.
Compensation will be made up of a competitive salary and benefits (insurance, 401k, etc.)
Please contact Katherine Carragher at (803)782-0671 or Katherine@CapitalCityFP.com. We look forward to meeting you!