Capital City Financial Partners, a local financial advisory firm, is currently offering paid internships for our Operations Team.
This Internship is part time. We offer flexible schedules but require a minimum of 10 hours per week. Our internship program is focused on professional development, so we are looking for individuals who will be here during the Summer and throughout upcoming semesters. Our office is located in Forest Acres, across from the Trenholm Plaza.
Our Operations interns help with new client implementation and servicing for existing clients. As part of the Operations Team, our interns are responsible for the day-to-day processing of all client requests and aiding the advisors in preparing for prospect meetings or client reviews. The Operations Team has two departments, Annuity and Insurance and Brokerage/Custodian Services. You will work closely with either the Annuity and Insurance Coordinator or the Brokerage Services Coordinator. There will be opportunities to gain experience in both departments.
This role reports directly to the Department Coordinators.
The primary responsibilities of this internship include:
- Developing an understanding of the general account structures, affiliate hierarchy, and company operations
- Aiding advisors in preparing for prospect meetings and client reviews
- Processing paper and electronic applications/forms for clients including account openings, transfers, account updates, agent changes, etc.
- Following up on processed account updates/changes
- Proactively providing updates to the team regarding open items and questions
- Tracking and analyzing Operations Team reports
- Fielding incoming calls
- Currently pursuing a Management, Supply Chain, Finance, or Business degree
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work in a fast-paced office environment
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to follow written directions and complete tasks
- Be a self-starter and motivated
- Willingness to learn and be receptive to guidance and direction
- Desire to be part of a team and assist in all areas