Business Development Advisor
Are you looking to expand your career and to be part of a successful team? Are you driven, self-motivated, and customer-focused?
If you enjoy working closely with clients, developing long-term relationships, constantly challenging yourself, and providing superior customer service and expertise, then we would like to talk to you! Our well-established and growing financial firm in Columbia, South Carolina is seeking to add a Business Development Advisor to our team, as we have an excess of appointments being generated by our marketing department.
This position will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with the company leads from seminars and referrals and begin the sales process. Initial duties include following our 5-step sales process to convert company-generated prospects into clients, establishing the first impression, building client relationships, and participating in public seminars. Business Development Advisors are assisted by Lead Advisors, who create the financial plan and are responsible for implementing the plan once the prospect becomes a client.
• College degree preferred
• 3 + years of financial services experience with an emphasis on sales
• Life and Health Licensed; Series 65
• Strong organizational, prioritization, interpersonal & management skills
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills
• Excellent communications skills; both verbal and written
• Proficient with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
• Experience with CRM preferred, but not required
• Taking the leads from the Marketing Department to develop them into clients
• Follow the established 5-step sales process
• Develop, manage and retain strong prospect and client relationships
• Assist the Lead Advisor with meeting individual and team goals
• Strong initiative
• Positive attitude
• Ability to market to local clients
• An entrepreneurial perspective to build client base